What is Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana? – Benefits of PMJDY
www.financialservices.gov.in – This post will give you benefits of PradhanMantri Jan Dhan Yojana, how to apply for this scheme (project) and how to take maximum benefit of this yojana.
PradhanMantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Update:- Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Completes 7 years! Here are some amazing statistics related to Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana.
Aug 2016: 24.10 Crore
Aug 2017: 30.09 Crore
Aug 2018: 32.54 Crore
Aug 2019: 36.79 Crore
Aug 2020: 40.41 Crore
Aug 2021: 43.04 Crore
What are the benefits of PradhanMantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
There are lots of indirect benefits of PradhanMantri Jan Dhan Yojana but there are some major benefits, which are mentioned below;
- Get interest (4% per annum) on Money deposit (same as saving account).
- You will get RuPay debit card, by which you can withdraw money from any ATM, anytime, anywhere.
- you will get Rs 1 lakh accident insurance cover, and an additional Rs. 30,000/- life insurance cover for those opening bank accounts before January 26th, 2015.
- No requirement of maintaining minimum balance.
- You can transfer money to any account in India, anywhere, anytime.
- you can get money of government schemes directly in your bank account.
- You will get overdraft facility after operating bank account for 6 month.
- you will get benefit of insurance, pension plans etc.
Documents Needed to open bank account:-
- If you have aadhar card or aadhar number, then you don’t need any other document, if your residential address is changed after aadhar card, then you can self attach the new address proof.
- if you don’t have aadhar card then you have to give any one of the following documents;
- You can also show electricity bill or telephone bill, marriage or birth certificate.
So, just go to your nearest any bank branch, and open a bank account for free and get above mentioned benefits free. From 28th august,2014, Banks across all over india will start opening bank accounts through PradhanMantri Jan Dhan Yojana. It is targeted that more then 1 crore bank accounts to be opened on the first day of Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana.
PM Narendra modi personally sent emails to banks of all india, pointing “As we go along, they will be covered by insurance and pension products,” the Prime Minister said. Jan Dhan Yojana is at the core of our philosophy of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas & we will work towards its success.
The name “Jan Dhan” was chosen through an online competition on the MyGov Platform and received more than 6000 suggestion from Indian citizens.