Here is the Latest Update related to the Delhi – Mumbai Expressway, The Dream Project of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This will be India’s Longest Expressway, which is 1350 KM in total length (but now it’s 1452 KM after adding the Jaipur spur and Jewar Airport Spur).
607 km Work 100% Completed
The Good News is here. 607 Km of the Delhi – Mumbai Expressway is 100% Completed. Yes. 21 Package of Delhi – Mumbai Expressway are completed and are ready for inauguration. The NHAI is waiting for PMO’s nod to decide the inauguration date of the Sohna to Dausa Stretch Which is roughly 250 km and will connect two big cities, Gurugram to Jaipur.
It will be 2hr journey to reach Gurugram to Jaipur via Delhi – Mumbai Expressway. Yes, as 120 KMPH will be the speed limit on New Delhi – Mumbai Expressway, it will be possible to reach Delhi to Jaipur in just 2 hrs (faster than the flight).
State Wise Km Completion of Delhi – Mumbai Expressway
Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation stone of the Delhi – Mumbai Expressway on 9th March 2019. In Just 3 years of time, NHAI has completed the Land acquisition, Awarded all package works and now 50% road is 100% completed. Below are State Wise Details of How much work was completed in which state. For Those who don’t know, Delhi Mumbai Expressway will pass from Hariyana, Uttar Pradesh (Jewar Airport), Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, and Maharashtra.
|Completion%||GJ||RJ||MP||HR||MH||Jewar Airport||Jaipur Spur||Total(kms)|
|Awarded In 2022 Q4||77||66||143|
|Yet To Be Awarded||18||18|
- As you can see in the above Table, Madhya Pradesh, which has 244 km of part, has completed 214km and 30 km in advanced stage completion. MP will be the first state to finish its work for Delhi – Mumbai Expressway.
- Haryana state, which has 138 km part, has completed 79 km of work and 26km in an advanced stage, while the rest of the 33 km will be completed soon as work is done at full speed.
- Gujarat Which has 426 km, the largest part of the Delhi – Mumbai expressway, has completed 100km of work (Vadodara to Bharuch) and 23 km in an advanced stage of completion.
- Rajasthan which has 373 km of the part has completed 214 km of work (till Jaipur), rest of the part’s work is in full swing. The tunnel work at Kota is taking longer than usual time.
- Maharashtra which has just 174 Km of work is lagging behind due to slow land acquisitions.
- So, a total of 607 Km of work is done 100%, while 79km of work is in an advanced stage of completion.
- You can read the detailed package-wise construction update of the Delhi – Mumbai expressway here.
The work of India’s Longest Expressway is in full swing and 607 km is already done which is very good news. The deadline for the entire expressway is March 2024 (just before the General Elections of 2024), which looks possible to achieve.
- Vande Bharat Express Mumbai to Gandhinagar Capital Schedule
- Vande Bharat Express Delhi to Katra Schedule
- Vande Bharat Express Delhi to Varanasi Schedule
- NHSRCL Invites Bids for Package C3
- Delhi Mumbai Expressway Route, Map, Current Status